Rules and Regulations of the LBHCBA
- Rules of the LBHCBA [PDF]
- Formal definition of the association, make-up of committee and functions of officers, conduct of meetings etc.
- Bye-Laws of the LBHCBA [PDF]
- Submission to Laws of duplicate and rules of EBU, conduct of league, knock-outs, Selfridges Pairs, SURDOC Multiple Teams, etc.
Both documents were last revised at the AGM on 8-Sep-2009.
- Annual Subscription
- £5 per team but £15 unless a team representative is present at the post-AGM fixture meeting
- £15 per team
- Knock Outs
- £5 per team (minimum two matches; one Cup, one Plate or two in Cup)
- SURDOC Teams-of-Four
- Though often receiving a modest subsidy, the event includes refreshments and is charged to avoid a signicant loss. Recently this has been of the order of £50 per team.
- Selfridges Pairs
- Comments as the SURDOC, typical fees, £5.00-8.00 per player.
Conduct of Matches
It has long been a principle that there are no forfeited matches in League matches. In knock-out matches this does not apply and forfeits, though regrettable may arise by failure to supply a team or by not keeping to an agreed date.
In January 2007 the committee ruled on a match starting very late and created a precedent for this difficulty. It established:
- The League is competitive but friendly forum for bridge.
- The matter of adjustment of League matches is solely the responsibility for the committee.
- All matches should start by 19:00. A captain cannot be compelled to start a match half an hour later than the agreed start time or 19:00 (whichever is the earlier).
The committee urges captains to read the precedent in full, written up as an addendum to the committee minutes.